Training for Trenches
Training For Trenches is a programme of events aimed at 7 to 12 year olds, every Wednesday in August from 10am – 12pm.
Over an exciting two hours young recruits will meet Corporal Ingram who puts them through basic training, issues them with uniforms and helmets, then leads them into the trenches to find out how soldiers lived and worked below ground during the First World War. These sessions last approximately two hours and conclude with a well earned drink and biscuits back in our original First World War Recreation Hut!
– Sessions are limited to a maximum of 12 children
– Parents/guardians are very welcome to join in
– Booking in advance is essential
– Sensible footwear advised
– If you have any questions, please do get in touch!
Find out more on the Great War Huts website.